Pupil Log Book for Work Placement
At the end of Key Stage 4, pupils will choose to either continue their education or leave school to join the world of work.
Work placement, which can involve work experience and/or work shadowing, allows pupils to find out more about work before making their final decisions. They will learn a lot more about the organisation where they are placed, such as how it works, what sort of people it employs and its available training opportunities.
It can also provide valuable insights into their own personal likes and dislikes, and skills and capabilities. Pupils can discover the type of work they like and how they get on with other people at work.
Many employers offer work placements to benefit pupils, and we encourage them to take advantage of these opportunities.
Pupils can use this log book resource to:
- set out personal information;
- clarify what they hope to gain from the work placement;
- record activities that they complete during the work placement;
- help update their personal career plan; and
- reflect on learning from the work placement.