Apply for a certified statement of results to replace a lost CCEA certificate
CCEA can provide a certified statement of results for its general qualifications (i.e. GCSE and GCE), and its vocational qualifications (i.e. Key Skills, Occupational Studies, Vocational Qualifications, Entry Level Qualifications and OLA). This service is available for certificates awarded from 1963 to present.
How to apply
CCEA accepts applications made via email or post. If you wish to apply for a certified statement of results, we require the following:
- A completed application form;
- Two photocopies/scanned copies of identification (at least one must be photographic);
- If your name has changed since you sat your examinations you must also include photocopies/scanned copies of one of the following:
- Marriage certificate;
- Deed poll; or
- Decree absolute and birth certificate.
How much does this service cost?
The fee for this service is:
- £30 for one certified statement of results
- £10 for each additional certified statement of results
Each certified statement will cover all subjects at one level in one exam season (e.g. all GCSEs sat in Summer 2005).
How to make a payment
CCEA will accept payment via bank transfer, cheque or postal order. CCEA cannot accept cash payments.
To obtain the CCEA bank details for online payments, please email email@example.com for further details.
Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to: NI CCEA.
Download and complete an application form:
- You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open our interactive PDFs.
- Save the file to your computer - right click and choose "Save Link As/Save Target As".
- Navigate to where you saved the document on your computer; right click and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Our interactive PDFs will not work if you attempt to open with your browser or on an iPad/Android tablet.
*If you are having difficulty using the Interactive Form for Email Applications, please download the Static Form for Postal Applications and apply via post.
Submit ALL required documentation to CCEA
Please ensure you submit all required documentation with your application. See how to apply above.
- Electronic applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal applications should be submitted in an envelope clearly marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, addressed to:
Results Registry - ERC
29 Clarendon Road
Change of Name
Depending on the circumstances, CCEA may be able to accommodate a request for a certificate name change. For example, in gender reassignment cases, a new certificate can be provided free of charge. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What forms of identification are acceptable?
All applications require two forms of identification, one of which must be photographic. Accepted forms of ID are:
- Driving Licence
- Any card with the PASS logo
- Electoral ID card
- Birth Certificate
- Bank or building society statement
- Electricity, gas, water, rates or telephone bill
We need to verify your identity in order to comply with the Data Protection Act and to help prevent fraud.
Please do not send original documents as CCEA cannot be held responsible for loss/damage to original documents.
How can I confirm if I sat my exams with CCEA?
Your school or college will hold this information.
What is the turnaround time for applications? Can my application be fast-tracked?
Please allow up to 21 days for your application to be processed and posted. CCEA does not offer a fast-track service and cannot prioritise applications.
Can I have subjects omitted from my Certified Statement?
CCEA is required to issue all results held for you in a requested examination series.
CCEA does not hold my results. Who does?
To find further information on other awarding organisations, please visit Get a replacement exam certificate - www.gov.uk.
What is a certified statement of results?
A certified statement confirms your exam results, and is accepted by employers and educational institutions in lieu of the original certificates.
I still have my original exam certificate, but it is damaged. Can I order a replacement?
Yes, CCEA offers that service. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
My name has changed since I sat my exams. Can I order a replacement certificate that reflects this?
Depending on the circumstances, CCEA may be able to offer this. For example, in gender reassignment cases, a new certificate can be provided free of charge. Please contact email@example.com for further information.