Generic Characteristics of Communication for Key Stage 3
This document supports the assessment of Communication and provides examples of what you would expect pupils to display at each level in Communication tasks.
The generic characteristics are organised by the type of task into nine broad categories:
Talking and Listening
- Group Discussion
- Response to literary texts including media
- Response to non-literary/functional texts including media
- Personal/Narrative Writing
- Functional/Transactional Writing
- Discursive/Persuasive Writing.