Assessment in Practice
Teachers' Overall Reflections
- The support from school leadership is invaluable to start the internal standardisation process and embed it within your school.
- It is advisable to involve all teachers in your school.
- The process of internal standardisation through to external moderation requires a significant amount of time and energy.
- Having gone through this process, two schools now compile a limited number of pieces of pupil work that have a school coversheet attached. They pass these on from class to class to show progression within and between the levels.
- Some teachers found it useful to keep a hand written record of all the assessed activities done in their classroom. These records had a few notes attached, stating what pupils could do to improve their assessed piece of work.
- All teachers stressed that planning is the key.