Level 2 Working in the Creative Crafts Industry (2013)
Summer 2021: Following the cancellation of examinations, the Occupational Studies, Vocational and Entry Level qualifications Summer 2021 Alternative Arrangements - Process for Heads of Centre provides information on alternative awarding arrangements for Summer 2021.
Please email CCEA Helpline email@example.com for queries/support.
Please note that the last opportunity for assessment for this qualification is Summer 2021; after that, the qualification will be withdrawn. In 2020 and 2021 the assessment is available in Summer only.
CCEA Certificates in Working in the Creative Crafts Industry are available at Level 1 and Level 2. They include units on Creative Crafts, Employability and Understanding Business Enterprise.
Our Working in the Creative Crafts Industry qualifications provide learners with the opportunity to develop basic craft skills while focusing on general employment and self-employment issues. They also enable them to understand various aspects of business enterprise, which could help them develop their craft ideas further.
The units in the Level 2 qualification are listed below. Learners must complete a portfolio of work for each unit.
- Use Materials and Resources to Develop Mixed Crafts Techniques
- Develop and Adapt Mixed Crafts Ideas Creatively
- Create, Present and Evaluate Final Mixed Crafts Items
- Business and Customer Awareness
- Working with Colleagues
- Health, Safety and Security in the Workplace
Understanding Business Enterprise
- Understand Business Resource and Legal Issues
- Understand How to Market a Business
- Understand How to Manage Money in a Business
- Understand the Opportunities and Risks in Running a Business (a Level 1 unit)
- Understand Business Planning.
Skills developed through Working in the Creative Crafts Industry
The Creative Crafts units in this qualification allow learners to explore different materials in order to develop techniques in making. Learners have the opportunity to draw their own ideas from a range of sources.
The Employability units help them to explore a range of job search skills, including:
- personal preparation for employment;
- effective behaviour at work; and
- health, safety and security in the workplace.
The Understanding Business Enterprise units introduce learners to some of the most important aspects of business. They have opportunities to understand and assess the skills and risks involved in planning and running a business, including marketing and managing money.
Treoir Ghasta ar an Churaclam do Thuismitheoirí
Cur síos ar a mbeadh súil leis agus do pháiste ag tosú ar an bhunscoil agus/nó ar an iar-bhunscoil.
Lost your CCEA exam certificates? Information and help with replacement certificates, certified statement of results and/or updating your details.
Quick Guides to the Curriculum for Parents
What to expect when your child starts primary and/or post-primary school. Download our resource(s).