In Employability, pupils have opportunities to explore a range of topics and develop Whole Curriculum Skills and Capabilities. Pupils learn about:
- Work in the Local and Global Economy
- Career Management
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
This subject strand aims to ensure that pupils develop the personal qualities, skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes that will give them a strong foundation for lifelong learning and work. These are important for all pupils, whether they go straight into the world of work or to further/higher education after they leave school.
Teachers should give pupils the opportunity to explore relevant, real-life contexts that are based on the statutory requirements. These should help them to develop a range of Whole Curriculum Skills and Capabilities and encourage them to:
- learn about different career options;
- discover what their skills and personal capabilities are;
- recognise the importance of choosing a fulfilling career and enjoying work; and
- make informed career choices based on their knowledge about the world of work.
For further details, see the Statutory Requirements for Employability at Key Stage 3.
For more information on Employability, contact: