Who Does What
An overview of various roles involved with eModeration.
I am an Exams Officer
- Register teachers for compulsory units – if not already registered;
- Check teachers’ registrations for compulsory units are up-to-date and edit as necessary;
- Check Head of Centre email address to receive eTAC6 is accurate; and
- Receive a copy of emails to lead teachers regarding outstanding actions/queries. These emails are for information only unless the Exams Officer is aware that the lead teacher will not be available to deal with the query and they should alert CCEA of this.
I am a Lead Teacher
- Ensure teacher codes are assigned to each candidate;
- Record marks for candidates they have assessed;
- Ensure marks have been recorded for all candidates;
- Confirm internal standardisation has been carried out;
- Confirm authentication has been carried out or provide justification for any candidate not authenticated;
- Carry out pre-submission validation until submission is successful; and
- Receive an electronic copy of the eTAC6 centre report as emailed to the Head of Centre.
I am a Teacher
- Ensure teacher codes are assigned to each candidate they have assessed;
- Record marks for candidates they have assessed; and
- Ensure marks have been recorded for all candidates they have assessed.
I am a Candidate
- Produce work as required by subject specific instruction; and
- Sign authentication sheet (generated from the eCandidate Record Sheet application) to confirm their work has been produced in accordance with JCQ rules and CCEA guidance.